Federation of Hellenic Societies of Greater New York
The Parade is an excellent marketing venue
New York City's Greek Independence Day Parade provides an opportunity to reach a large Greek-American audience as well as a diverse population of philhellenes. Besides the over 150,000 participants and observers at the event, there is an even larger audience that follows the parade via various media outlets.
The Greek Independence Day Parade provides your organization the opportunity to reach out to the Greek-American community.
- Over 1,150,000 Americans identify Hellenic ancestry or ethnic origin (2000 US Census)
- Approximately 250,000 residents of the tri-state (CT, NJ, NY) area declare Hellenic ancestry or ethnic origin (2000 US Census)
- About 2 million Americans are members of the Greek Orthodox Church (Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches, National Council of Churches, 2000).
Marketing opportunities include :
- Television Spots
- Parade Float
- Distribution of branded merchandise
- Parade Journal Advertisement
- Parade Program Advertisement
- Newspaper Insert and Various Print Media Advertisement
- Promotion at various cultural events scheduled the week of the Parade
- Web Site Banner
- Invitation to VIP gala events at the Pierre and Hilton
- VIP seating at Parade stands
Please contact us for more information as we can create a marketing package that can best meet your needs and budget. For information on last year's parade, including participation and media coverage, please view the 2007 Indepedence Day Parade Media Report (pdf, 57 MB).
Provided below are the opening scenes from the live broadcast of the Parade by New York's channel 9 station, as well as viewership information.
NY GREEK PARADE
Source: NY Local People Meters; Nielsen; 4/22/07